Apple Watch is a great smartwatch, and you suppose to wear it all day to track your activities. However, there will come a time when you take it off and forget where you put it. If you are also in this situation and want to find your lost Apple Watch immediately, this guide is for you. In this TheTrackable guide, you will learn how to ping Apple Watch from an iPhone and vice versa. Let’s get started.
So, the question is, how can you ping your lost Apple Watch? The quick way to find the Apple Watch is by pinging them. Apple allows you to ping Apple Watch directly from an iPhone, and you can use the same process for finding your iPhone as well. When you ping Apple Watch, the watch will play a loud sound which will help you quickly locate your device. Let us show you how you can use this process to ping Apple Watch from iPhone or Vice Versa.
How to Ping Apple Watch from iPhone?
If you have lost your Apple Watch and want to locate it, you can ping it from your iPhone. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to your iPhone and open Find My App on your device.
- Once it’s opened, go to the Devices section.
- Here find the name of your device on the list. It could be your name like John’s Apple Watch, etc.
- Tap your device and then tap on Play Sound.
- Now the device will try to connect with your Apple Watch, and once it’s connected, it will start playing a loud sound.
- That’s it.
How to Ping iPhone from Apple Watch
Like Apple Watch, you can also use your Apple Watch to ping iPhone. Let us show you how you can do it.
- Go to your Apple Watch
- Now Swipe Up to get into Control Center
- Tap on the Phone icon
- Your iPhone will start playing loud sounds, which you can use to locate your iPhone. It’s important to note here that if you want your iPhone to keep playing sound, keep tapping on the phone icon on your Apple Watch.
- That’s it.
Unable to Ping your Apple Watch? – 3 Possible reasons!
If you have used the above method but still cannot Ping Apple Watch, these 3 could be the possible reasons.
The Above method only works if your Apple Watch is connected with your iPhone, and if your devices aren’t connected, you won’t be able to Ping your Apple Watch.
Similarly, If both devices aren’t connected to the same iCloud account, you won’t be able to ping your Apple Watch from your iPhone.
Last but not least, it’s also important that both Devices are connected to the functional WiFi Network. So, if they are not connected to a functional network, you won’t be able to Ping your devices.
How do i locate my lost Apple Watch?
If you have lost your Apple Watch and have no idea where it is, you can use iCloud to locate it. Let us show you how you can do it.
- Go to iCloud.com and log in using your Apple ID which is connected with your Apple Watch
- Now click on Find iPhone
- Click on All Devices and then select your Apple Watch.
- That’s it.
The iCloud will show you the location of your Apple Watch, which you can use to track its location. Once you get near it, you can ping it to locate it.
How do i make my Apple Watch Ring?
Simple, go to Find My App, tap on the Devices section, find your Device name on the list, tap on it, and then tap it on Play Sound. Once iPhone is connected with your Apple Watch, the watch will start ringing loudly.
Can i locate my Apple Watch if it’s dead?
No, if your Apple Watch’s battery is fully discharged and the device is turned off, you can’t find it using iCloud. The only method which you can use is to look for it manually.