If you want to know how long do fitbits last, this guide is for you.
Fitbit smartwatches and fitness trackers are widely recognized for their exceptional quality, but like any electronic device, they have a finite lifespan. If you’re curious about how long your Fitbit will last, you’ve come to the right place.
In this guide, we’ll explore the factors that affect the longevity of Fitbit devices and offer tips to help you extend their lifespan. Plus, we’ll highlight some of the latest Fitbit models available in 2023, so you can make an informed decision when it’s time to upgrade.
Fitbit is a well-known smartwatch company, and it’s known for reliable smartwatches and fitness bands. Now, if you want to know the life span of a Fitbit watch, it depends on many factors, but on average, Fitbit comes with a lifespan of 24 Months or 2 years.
- How Long Do Fitbits Last? – Average Fitbit Life Span
- What are the factors that determine the Life Span of Fitbits?
- 7 Ways You Can Help Your Fitbit Last Longer
- How Can I Make My Fitbit Battery Last Longer?
- How Do I Know If My Fitbit Battery Needs To Be Replaced?
- How Do I Replace My Fitbit Battery?
- When should you replace your Fitbit Device?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Long Do Fitbits Last? – Average Fitbit Life Span
If you want to know the Average Life Span of Fitbit Smartwatches, there’s no simple answer because the average life span highly varies depending on various factors and models of the watch.
After conducting extensive research, we’ve determined that the typical lifespan of a Fitbit smartwatch is around 2 years, while a fitness band generally lasts between 1 to 2 years.
It’s worth noting, however, that the actual lifespan of your Fitbit may vary depending on factors such as usage patterns, maintenance practices, and environmental conditions.
By taking care of your device and using it in a manner that minimizes wear and tear, you may be able to extend its lifespan beyond the average.
What are the factors that determine the Life Span of Fitbits?
The life span of any Fitbit smartwatch mainly depends on the following factors.
- Built Quality
- Battery Health
- Water Resistance
1. Built Quality
One of the major factors that determine the life span of your Fitbits is the Built Quality. Now Fitbit maintains high-quality standards for its smartwatches, and most Fitbit smartwatches these days are well-built, and don’t have any built-quality issues.
Take the example of Fitbit Sense which Is the premium Fitbit, and it comes with many advanced features, including ECG and Skin Temperature Monitoring.
The Built Quality of Fitbit Sense and Fitbit Versa 3 is far superior to the previous models, which is the reason why they handle minor crashes pretty well. However, if you go for the old models, you can experience some issues.
2. Battery Health
Battery Health is another crucial factor that decides the life span of Fitbits. Now, most Fitbits use the same battery technology, and it’s the same across all devices.
However, the factor which affects the battery life is the duration of the charging period. For example, Fitbit Versa 3 takes around 1-2 hours to charge fully, but if you keep charging for 12 hours or the whole night, it will affect the battery life.
So, if you don’t overcharge your Fitbit, you will get a longer life span and better battery life.
The third factor which determines the life span of your Fitbit watches is Maintenance. If you don’t regularly clean your watch and keep it in rough conditions such as dust, it will reduce the life span of your Fitbit.
In our research, we found that the people who don’t regularly maintain their Fitbits get an average Life of less than 1 year as compared to 2 years with regular Maintenance.
4. Water Resistance
Water or any liquid can potentially damage your Fitbit. Most modern Fitbits come with water resistance which means that they can handle water to a certain level.
However, the old versions of Fitbits don’t have water resistance or very low water resistance. So, when getting a watch, make sure that you check the water-resistance level of your Fitbit.
If you are interested in getting a swimming watch, do check our guide where we have shared the Best Swimming Watches in 2023.
7 Ways You Can Help Your Fitbit Last Longer
Are you looking to maximize the lifespan of your Fitbit? Look no further. After extensive testing and research, we’ve identified 7 proven ways to help your Fitbit last longer. By following these tips, you can prolong the life of your device and get the most out of your investment. Our team has put these tips to the test and we can confidently say that they work. So, without further ado, here are 7 ways to help your Fitbit last longer:
- Keep it clean: Regularly wipe down your Fitbit with a soft, damp cloth to remove dirt, sweat, and oils that can accumulate on the device.
- Take it off when necessary: While Fitbits are designed to be worn all day, removing your device when you shower or swim can help to prevent water damage.
- Avoid extreme temperatures: Exposure to extreme heat or cold can damage your Fitbit’s battery, so it’s best to avoid leaving it in a hot car or outside in freezing temperatures.
- Charge it properly: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for charging your Fitbit, and avoid using third-party chargers or cables that may damage the device.
- Keep it up to date: Make sure your Fitbit’s firmware is up to date by checking for software updates regularly. This can help to improve the device’s performance and address any bugs or issues.
- Handle with care: Avoid dropping or banging your Fitbit, as this can cause physical damage that may shorten its lifespan.
- Use it wisely: While Fitbits are built to withstand everyday wear and tear, using your device excessively or engaging in activities that put excessive strain on it can cause premature wear and tear. Use your Fitbit in moderation and in ways that are appropriate for your device’s capabilities.
How Can I Make My Fitbit Battery Last Longer?
As your Fitbit ages, its battery life may begin to decline. But fear not! In this section, we’ll share some helpful tips to help you maximize the battery life of your device.
- Adjust the screen brightness: Lowering the screen brightness can help to conserve battery life. You can adjust the brightness in the device settings.
- Disable features you don’t need: If you’re not using certain features such as continuous heart rate monitoring or GPS, turning them off can help to conserve battery life.
- Turn off All-Day Sync: All-Day Sync is a feature that constantly updates your Fitbit with the latest data from your phone. If you don’t need real-time updates, disabling this feature can help to save battery life.
- Use battery saver mode: Most Fitbit devices have a battery saver mode that you can activate when the battery is low. This mode disables certain features to help conserve battery life.
- Keep your device updated: Make sure your Fitbit device and the Fitbit app are up to date with the latest software updates. These updates can often include performance improvements that can help to conserve battery life.
- Reduce notifications: If you receive a lot of notifications on your Fitbit, consider disabling some of them to help save battery life.
- Charge your device properly: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for charging your Fitbit device. Overcharging or using a non-Fitbit charger can damage the battery and reduce its lifespan.
How Do I Know If My Fitbit Battery Needs To Be Replaced?
Here are some signs that your Fitbit battery may need to be replaced:
- Short battery life: If your Fitbit battery is not lasting as long as it used to, it may be a sign that the battery is beginning to wear out.
- Slow charging: If your Fitbit is taking longer than usual to charge, it may be a sign that the battery is not holding a charge as well as it used to.
- Fitbit won’t turn on: If your Fitbit won’t turn on even after charging it, it may be a sign that the battery is dead and needs to be replaced.
- Fitbit turns off unexpectedly: If your Fitbit turns off unexpectedly, it may be a sign that the battery is unable to hold a charge.
- Swollen battery: If the battery on your Fitbit has swollen or looks bloated, it’s a clear indication that the battery needs to be replaced immediately.
If you notice any of these signs, it may be time to replace your Fitbit battery. In some cases, the battery may be replaceable, while in other cases you may need to purchase a new device. Contact the manufacturer or a professional technician to learn more about replacing the battery in your Fitbit device.
How Do I Replace My Fitbit Battery?
Replacing a Fitbit battery can be a delicate process and requires some technical skills. Here are some general steps to replace your Fitbit battery:
- Determine if the battery is replaceable: Not all Fitbit devices have replaceable batteries. Check the manufacturer’s website or user manual to determine if the battery in your device can be replaced.
- Gather the necessary tools: You will need a small screwdriver, a spudger, and a replacement battery that is compatible with your Fitbit device.
- Remove the back cover: Use the spudger to gently pry off the back cover of your Fitbit device.
- Remove the battery: Carefully remove the battery from its compartment, taking note of how it is connected to the device.
- Insert the new battery: Place the new battery in the same position as the old battery, making sure to connect it properly to the device.
- Reattach the back cover: Carefully reattach the back cover of your Fitbit device, making sure that it is properly aligned and snaps into place.
- Test the device: Turn on your Fitbit device and make sure that it is functioning properly.
It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for replacing the battery in your Fitbit device. If you are not comfortable doing this yourself, consider seeking the help of a professional technician.
When should you replace your Fitbit Device?
If your Fitbit is not performing well, which means you are getting poor battery life or have freezing issues, it’s time you replace your Fitbit and gets a new one.
Now, if you are wondering which Fitbits are the best in 2023? The answer is that it mainly depends on the type of watch or fitness band you want. These are the best Fitbits in 2023.
Fitbit Sense 2 (Best Fitbit in 2023)
If you are looking for a top-of-the-line Fitbit with tons of advanced features, you should consider Fitbit Sense 2.
It’s the best Fitbit when it comes to features. You get the features such as ECG and Skin Temperature Monitoring which you won’t find in any other Fitbit out there.
So, if you want the best of the best, you can’t go wrong with Fitbit Sense.
Fitbit Luxe (Best Fitbit Fitness Tracker for Women)
If you don’t want to buy tons of money Fitbit smartwatch but still want a premium Fitness band to track your activities, you can consider Fitbit Luxe.
It’s the premium Fitness Tracker that can accurately track your workouts, outdoor sessions, and more. Also, you get the features such as Sleep Tracking, 24/7 Heart Rate Monitoring, and more which make Fitbit Luxe a great Fitness Tracker.
Fitbit Charge 5
Fitbit Charge 5 is the latest and greatest fitness band by Fitbit. It comes with an improved and premium design along with all the goodness of the Charge Series.
In the new Charge 5, you get advanced features such as Stress Management, GPS-Tracking, Sleep Tracking, and more.
If you want the premium Fitness Tracker by Fitbit, you can’t go wrong with Fitbit Charge 5.
Fitbit Charge 4
Fitbit Charge 4 is another best Fitbit under $150. It has a built-in GPS Tracker that you can use to track your outdoor activities with great accuracy.
Also, it comes with dedicated modes which you can use to track various workouts, including swimming, running, Jogging, and more.
If you want a Fitbit Fitness Tracker with a premium design and Built-in GPS, Fitbit Charge 4 is the best Fitbit for you.
Fitbit Inspire 2
If you want Fitbit Under $100, you can consider Fitbit Inspire 2. It’s a budget fitness tracker by Fitbit that you can use to track your activities.
It surely doesn’t have the bells & whistles you get in premium Fitness Trackers or Smartwatches, but still, it comes with a decent workout-tracking option and built quality. If you are on a budget and looking for a good Fitbit under $100, Fitbit Inspire is the ideal option for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are Fitbits Guaranteed for Life?
No, Fitbits come with the standard warranty of 1 year, and they are not guaranteed for Life.
How long should a Fitbit fitness tracker Last?
According to our research, Fitbit Fitness Trackers last for an average of around 2 years, but if you keep them in good condition and don’t overcharge, you can get up to 4 years of life span.
Can I Exchange my Fitbit for a new one?
No, Fitbit doesn’t offer an exchange offer, but if you want, you can get good deals on sites like Amazon.
Fitbit Smartwatches and fitness trackers are incredibly well-built and if you take proper care of them they can last for years.
In the guide, we have shared the factors which determine how long your Fitbit is going to last. Also, If you want to update your old Fitbit, we have also shared the best Fitbits which you can buy in 2023.
We hope you found the guide useful and if you found it helpful please share it with your friends.
Also, check don’t forget to check our Fitbit Sense Review, where we have discussed the ins and outs of the watch.