Garmin Forerunner 955
Garmin Forerunner 955 is the latest and greatest smartwatch by the company and it checks all the boxes of a good smartwatch. From improved features to the subtle changes in the overall design, Forerunner 955 is the fresh change we were all waiting for a long time. If you are interested in a solid premium smartwatch with good value for money, you can't go wrong with Garmin Forerunner 955.
Pros of Garmin Forerunner 955
- Improved Design
- New features including in-exercise stamina, morning readiness for training, and general HRV Status.
- Superb Battery Life (42 hours)
- Music Storage which can store up to 2000 Songs
- Garmin Pay
- Useful features such as Stress Tracking, SPO2, and sleep tracking
- Various connection options including Bluetooth, WiFi, ANT+, and FE-C
Cons of Garmin Forerunner 955
- No LTE Option (for now)
- No AMOLED Display
- No Phone Call Support
- No Assistant
The buzz about the Garmin Forerunner 955 was around for a long time and now it’s finally here. The new Garmin Forerunner 955 comes with many promising features and we have some thoughts about it. We know that many of you don’t have the time to read comprehensive reviews, so we will make it brief and tell you only important things. In this brief Garmin Forerunner 955 review, we will tell you everything you need to know about it. Let’s get started.
New Features in Garmin Forerunner 955
Garmin Forerunner 955 comes with many new and improved features. These are the new and improved features in the new Garmin 955.
- The new Garmin 955 is more compact compared to Garmin 945. In terms of numbers, the new Garmin forerunner is 0.5 mm narrow and 0.7 mm deeper than the previous generation. Also, it comes with a 1.3-inch display which is bigger than the 1.2-inch display of the Garmin 945.
- It also comes with various new physiological metrics such as in-exercise stamina, morning readiness for training, and general HRV Status. The experts at Garmin have also reworked the science behind these metrics to give you more accurate insights.
- Garmin 955 can save 2000 songs now which is 1000 more than what you get in 945.
- It also has a bigger battery which offers 42 hours of battery life which is 6 hours longer than what you get in Garmin 945.
- The company has also improved the Garmin Connect App and tweaked some settings in it.
General Features of Garmin Forerunner 955
In this section, we will briefly tell you about all the general features you get in the new Garmin Forerunner 955.
- Stress Tracking – It’s one feature that you will find on the majority of modern smartwatches including the Garmin 955. You can use it to track your stress levels and get useful insights.
- Body Battery – It’s a very useful feature that tells you about how ready your body is. It measures your body battery on a scale of 1 to 100. In the morning, your body battery should be 100 but if it isn’t, your Garmin 955 will tell you about it.
- Heart-rate variability (HRV) – It’s another very useful metric that Garmin 955 tracks. It tracks your heart-rate variability throughout your sleep and tells you about it in the morning.
- Morning Report – It’s a very useful feature that tells you about your body readiness and provides useful insights when you wake up in the morning. Also, it comes with some suggestions and motivational quotes to motivate you.
- Health Snapshot – In this mode, the watch will provide a snapshot of your health within 2 minutes and it will provide details of your stress levels, SPO2, breath, heart rate, and HRV Value.
- Garmin Pay – It’s a contactless payment system that you can use to pay for your things using your Garmin 955.
- Spotify – it also comes with the Spotify app and you can download up to 2000 songs from the app.
- Women Health Tracking – like other Garmin watches, Garmin 955 also comes with a women’s health tracking system which you can use to track your menstrual cycle or pregnancy.
- Navigation – Garmin 955m also comes with turn-by-turn navigation and it’s pretty accurate thanks to GPS.
Garmin Forerunner 955 Review: Design
The new Garmin 955 comes with some subtle changes which give it an elegant look. In an instant view, you might not be able to see the differences but on closer look, you will notice some significant changes. For starters, the case is now more rounded and a bit upward. Secondly, there’s forerunner branding on the right side between the buttons as well. The overall design of the Garmin 955 is more elegant and better than the previous generation.
Garmin Forerunner 955 Review: Battery Life
Garmin 955 comes with a bigger battery which offers great battery performance. There’s also a solar version of the watch which you can use to charge the watch using sunlight. Here’s the direct comparison of the battery life of Garmin 955 with Garmin 945.
|Battery Life||Garmin Forerunner 945||Garmin Forerunner 955||Garmin Forerunner 955 Solar|
|Smartwatch Mode||Up to 14 Days||Up to 15 Days||Up to 20 Days|
|With GPS||36 hours||42 hours||49 hours|
|Ultra Trac Mode||60 hours||80 hours||110 hours|
Garmin Forerunner 955 Review: Pricing
In our Garmin 955 rumors guide, we told our readers that the new Garmin 955 will be in the price range of $500 to $600 and we were right. The new Garmin 955 comes with a price tag of $499 and the solar version is priced at $599.
In terms of pricing, we believe that Garmin Forerunner 955 offers much better value for money as compared to Garmin Fenix 7. So, if you are looking for a high-end smartwatch under $500, Garmin Forerunner 955 will be our top recommendation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Garmin Forerunner 955
Is it worth buying Garmin Forerunner 955?
Garmin Forerunner 955 is an elegant smartwatch that checks all the boxes of a good smartwatch. It’s surely worth upgrading if you have an older generation. However, if you have Garmin 945 LTE we don’t think you should upgrade but if you want newer features, you can surely go for it.
But, we also think that Garmin might introduce these new features via a software update in the old smartwatches. So, we will recommend that you should wait for a couple of months and if you don’t get these new features on your old smartwatch, you can switch to the new Garmin forerunner 955.
Does Forerunner 955 have Cellular Version?
Currently, there’s no cellular version of Garmin Forerunner 955 available but considering the history, there’s a great chance that Garmin might introduce the cellular version of the forerunner 955 in the future.
Is Garmin Forerunner 955 too thick?
Garmin Forerunner 955 is thin as compared to its predecessor Garmin 945. However, it’s a big smartwatch and for now, it’s not available in small size but there’s the possibility that Garmin might release a smaller version in the future.